Join APELL as a Government Affairs Advisor and Business Development
Application Deadline: 31st March 2024
Interviews: Ongoing until the position is filled
Start Date: To be determined
Contract Duration: 1 year consulting contract, with high potential of renewal
Location: Brussels, Belgium
APELL, the European Open Source Software Business Association, is at the forefront of advocating for Open Source Software (OSS) business ecosystems in Europe. Founded in 2020, we strive to empower our network with peer support, collective marketing, and policy advocacy on national and EU levels. Our mission is to forge a sovereign, inclusive, and ethical digital market rooted in OSS principles, advancing opportunities for our members and shaping Europe’s digital future.
As our Brussels-based Government Affairs Advisor, you will:
- Represent and champion OSS SMEs in policy discussions and digital strategy shaping within the EU.
- Drive and expand APELL’s trade association initiatives.
- Drive APELL’s own business development through sponsored events and membership growth and support our members’ innovative projects.
- Engage with policymakers, stakeholders, and partners to advocate for a conducive OSS business environment.
- Working with members and sponsors to organise the annual APELL conference and participate in events to raise awareness of OSS’s role in the digital economy.
- Craft communication materials and strategies to influence public and policy dialogues.
- Develop and implement new business strategies to enhance APELL’s market presence and increase its impact in the OSS sector.
- Identify and pursue new project opportunities, including collaborative ventures and partnerships that align with APELL’s mission and objectives.
- Foster relationships with potential sponsors and partners to secure funding and support for APELL’s initiatives and projects.
- Analyze market trends and member feedback to continuously refine APELL’s business development strategies and project offerings.
Who You Are
You’re an experienced professional with:
- A university degree and a profound grasp of EU policies.
- Eager to build, structure and run the day-to-day of a trade association.
- Demonstrated experience in advocacy or policy within the ICT or OSS realm.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English; additional EU languages are a plus.
- The initiative, reliability, and the ability to multitask and prioritise effectively.
- A commitment to APELL’s values of promoting an open, ethical, and inclusive digital future.
- Strategic planning and business development skills, with the ability to develop and implement innovative strategies to enhance market presence.
- Ability in project management, with a track record of managing and delivering projects.
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with sponsors, partners, and stakeholders.
- Ability to analyse market trends and adapt strategies to meet evolving industry needs.
- Financial acumen to manage budgets and understand funding mechanisms for projects and initiatives.
Submit your CV and cover letter to jobs[at]apell[dot]info. For questions, reach out to the same email. Be the voice for OSS SMEs in Europe and help us drive digital innovation forward!